July 20, 2019

From Five to Nine [Chapter 83 - 24 Hours in the Life of a Woman Part 1 of 2 ]

Letter: “Hoshikawa-san, good work [otsukaresama] in the training! Everyone at the temple really anticipates your return this weekend. *scene of Takane and others praying* When you come back, I have something very important to tell you. Please be careful on your way back. Junko.”

While praying with the others, Junko thinks that finally, she wrote a return letter. “Ah, what to do!! When the time comes, what’s the best thing to do!? While still being confused, today is already the day when Hoshikawa-san comes back. I’m really extremely happy to be able to see him. Even if I’m very, very happy but, the problem is...”

The abbot tells Junko that Takane is coming back today and yet, she still helps them with this remaining temple work [to do]. “Really good work.” Moved Junko thanks him.  
She feels like it has been a long time since someone has commended her that she cannot help but be teary-eyed over it. The abbot says that Chie even said that her nature is very good. Junko says that is too much [praise] since her flower arrangement-tea ceremony skills are still quite lacking. Then, she feels ill.

She covers her mouth and thinks that it is terrible that it would unexpectedly happen at this time. The abbot worriedly asks what’s the matter and she doesn’t look good. Junko apologizes and says that she just choked a bit. The abbot says that he knew she’ll say that and she had been working hard during this time, so she’s probably already tired.

While Amane is looking at Junko, Hibari says that it is definitely because she is always working and working that in the end, she stayed up late at night. “But, it is merely lack of sleep, right? It is no good if you did the job well but didn’t properly take care of your body. It is no good to make Takane somewhat disgusted [/upset?] while he isn’t around. [<-probably for not taking care of herself?] Okay! You quickly go to your room.”
Leaving the room, Junko apologizes. A monk whispers to Narita that just like before, Hibari is picking a quarrel with Junko. “If it were me, I would have been in despair earlier on...”

Junko thinks, no, rather, she said that in order to fool the others. “Right now, no one has found out about it yet = as a result, this is a so-called ‘favor’. Before informing Hoshikawa-san, of all people, grandmother already knew about it and I owe her a favor...

And if this will really interfere with the decision regarding the temple’s successor, then that difficult training will just fizzle out in vain? Ha--... Ha--- It is really lucky that it’s night now. What should I do if I tell him and it made him a bit disappointed...”
The next day, a monk sees Junko putting her shoes on. He asks if she is going to work. “You’re not going to wait in the house until Takane-san comes back?” Junko says yes, because it isn’t good to skip work at the last minute... “After it ends, I’ll immediately come back. I’ll trouble you in telling that to Hoshikawa-wan.”

Narration: “That’s a complete lie. In short, such a coward and embarrassing woman. Obviously I really want to see him but I feel that I don’t have any face to see him. I would even run away by going to a student immersion class...”

At ELA, Junko was told by the secretary that it is a former student who withdrew from class before. “This time around, he wants to try it again.” Junko says okay. She thinks that Masako isn’t here, too. “The front desk staff has already changed. She was probably hired when I was quite engrossed with work in the main office. *goes to the room* After this class is over, I’ll properly...”
Upon entering the room, she comes face to face with a huge bouquet of roses. She is surprised to see Takane bending down to her and saying, “I’m back, Junko-san!” Puzzled and surprised, Junko asks why he is here. Takane says if she even needs to ask. “Didn’t you say that you have something important to tell me? So, I booked for your class in advance. I have already given my luggage to the person who’ll fetch me.”  

Teary-eyed Junko says, she’s mentally prepared... Seeing this, Takane tells her that it’s okay to cry and afterwards, no matter when... Junko sniffs the roses and suddenly pushes them away. Feeling nauseous, she says sorry, the flowers’ fragrance is a bit... “Do not come so close to me. ...Sorry, Hoshikawa-san, I...”

A bit nervous Takane wonders if this are moving tears or maybe not...could it be that she’s refusing him... He asks her if she is alright. While steading herself on the table, she says that she is okay, she simply choked and at this side...they have to start the class first.
Timidly sitting in front of her, Takane says that in any case, he is someone who has ended training so more or less, he won’t waver. “Is your ‘sorry’ included in the ‘important thing’ [to tell me]...?” Junko tells him that one has to study during this time so if she has anything to tell him, it will be after they return to the temple.

She asks him in English if he plans to restart his lessons. “If that is the case, I want to know your current English level. Yes...it’s like that. Please use English and talk about your current situation.” Gloomy Takane thinks that Junko couldn’t say it... “Could it be... flowers...”

Junko continues to urge him to start talking in English regarding his life lately if there is anything that has a deep impression on him. Takane suddenly holds her hand and says that in these three months, he has left his beloved [woman].
To Junko’s surprise, he starts to kiss her fingers. He continues to say that he understands that no matter what happens, his feelings for her will not waver.” Junko sternly tells him to stop but he continues to kiss her hand. Junko slightly moans and apologize to him.

Takane says that it is alright, no matter what she’ll confess to him, he won’t leave her. “It would be better to hear your name...” And, to his surprise, Junko blurts out, “...I’m pregnant. *bending down* Welcome back, and I’m really sorry that I didn’t discuss this with you.” Takane looks stunned.
Comment: And, they are finally reunited. The reunion is definitely not what Takane expected it to be. Though it is commendable that he knows what to do to make Junko tell him what’s going on. Also, in some way, he knew that she’ll go to work in ELA on the day of his return instead of waiting in the temple. ^^;

I still don’t quite understand how the child might possibly obstruct with Takane’s desire to be abbot. In the end, I think everyone favors Takane to be the abbot. Takane even has the edge thanks to the Kyoto abbot for telling him about what Amane thinks of/wants to do to the temple. Scans by 月球坑组

PS. Currently, this is the last Chinese scanlation for this series. So, anyone sees a new update, just inform me/if I see it around, I’ll continue this. ^^ Thanks for reading.

Quote of the day:
Open confession is good for the soul. ~ Scottish Proverb.

30 comments:

  1. Ooh, gramma Hibar stepping up to be an ally at this time. I'm also confused about her intentions though as she seems to already have plans for the future child if it were male. Ugh, what a cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Minabey. Male heir is a big thing for traditional families.

      Delete
  2. I think Takane will very happy by hearing her confession.
    The wedding ceremomy will be held in no time.
    Everyone will accept him to be the new abbot.
    I think this will be the happy ending,
    but what about Junko's dream to go abroad?
    Long time for fighting to fullfill her dream or
    ending her dream for her new family life.

    Thanks Kat, for translating to us, love u much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, guppy.

      Most likely the second. If it is any consolation, maybe go to US as a tourist?

      Thanks for reading ^-^

      😊

      Delete
  3. I just start to read this one.
    Thank u so much for the translate, please translate next part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading ^-^

      Currently, the Chinese scanlation is only up to here. Sorry, I cannot read Japanese.

      Delete
  4. no update yet? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. no update yet? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None. The Chinese scanlation is stuck at 83.

      Delete
    2. aww that's sad, it's my fav manga though.

      any idea why the Chinese scanlation still stuck until now?

      Delete
    3. Don't know. Lost interest? The group's release isn't consistent/regular.

      Delete
  6. Hello! I have the latest chapter from the same volume but it's in Japanese. Does anyone know someone or any sites that can translate it? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i forgot to mention my email.
      It's aviccenahys@gmail.com

      Do reply me if you know anyone :) I am really dying to know the ending :,)

      Delete
    2. Maybe you should try mangadex dot com, it's site for translator and scans.

      Delete
    3. oh my, can i have the latest chapter? i dont know japanese, but i just wanna see the latest chapter lol

      Delete
  7. Omg this is kind of the worst cliff hanger ever! ���� I’m so happy that she finally told him though, honestly I think he’ll be ecstatic with the news! Thank you so much Kat for your summarizations, comments and quotes of the day, I have throughly enjoyed them! Here’s hoping someone picks up the scans or the groups continue with their scans ��������.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello ke the series still going? Where can I read latest chapters? I love this manga so much such a shame it is hard to find it and otakumole is down :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, the series has ended. Sorry, I don't know where to read the latest/remaining chapters. I haven't read them either.

      Delete
  9. MY GOOD SIS, LET"S GO CH84:
    https://www.manhuagui.com/comic/381/564053.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info ^-^

      Hopefully, there will be more chapters and not just that one.

      Delete
    2. Thank a lot, I'm hopping more than a year for this. (๑‵●‿●‵๑)

      Delete
    3. Life is so cruel, is in japaness, and I with difficult read english. (⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀)

      Delete
  10. https://m.manhuagui.com/comic/381/572388.html#p=18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guys Chapter 85 is out in this website 🥰https://m.manhuagui.com/comic/381/572388.html

    ReplyDelete