June 5, 2019

From Five to Nine [Chapter 80 - The Next Best Thing]


Agnes exclaims to Junko what’s up with that email she sent her yesterday!? “Junko, are you serious? At this time when you’ll leave soon... And, besides, there are so many substitute candidates who wanted to go.”

Junko bows and repeatedly apologizes. “It is because of a personal reason... at least, please let me help in inquiring the other substitutes who would want to go...”

Holding out her hand to Junko, Agnes tells her not to say anymore. “I don’t like this kind of etiquette apology that you Japanese do because it seems like something is being settled. Fine, you help in contacting the other substitute assistant.” Junko says okay, she’ll start immediately.

While Junko is glumly typing on the laptop computer, Agnes is busy calling people. Then, she exclaims, “..OH! Thank you very much, Satoko [guesswork from 聡子]. It’s really great that you can immediately prepare. The plane will leave at 21 o’ clock tomorrow. Yes. OK. I’ll inform Makoto.” Junko glumly looks on.
Leaving the office, Junko thinks, “It is because of my own naiveté that I’m letting this opportunity slip away. I’m simply continuously giving other people trouble, that’s all. ...this is really awful. ...about the plane, I only have to be careful and it isn’t like I cannot ride it...

...but, if I were to go to New York and my body isn’t feeling well, then it will just cause more unnecessary problems to the director. Even if it is only this, I would want to prevent that at all cost...”

Then, she sees Makoto carrying his luggage as he gets ready to ride the elevator. This made Junko apologizes to him. Makoto interrupts her by saying that he heard from Agnes and honestly speaking, he is very disappointed with her.

“When you accepted this work, you said that you’ll properly work for at least 3 years. But now, like this, I can only say it is a pity. That pretty much summarizes this incident.” Flustered Junko can only apologize again.
Turning to leave, Makoto says this time, at least on the side of replacing the assistant, it would cost a lot of money. [<- probably regarding the plane tickets which are non-transferrable?] “In the end, promoting you to become the official assistant would naturally fizzle out. Please understand this.”

Bowing down, Junko says that she understands...sorry. To her surprise, Makoto blurts out, “Since you understand, then why are you like this, you idiot! Is it because you encountered opposition from the monk before the trip?” Junko tensely looks at him and says no, sorry, it is because of a family... matter...

Junko thinks that even if indeed, there is that kind of issue but actually, it is because of her body’s condition which is causing trouble. Makoto apologizes for asking like that since it can be considered sexual harassment. “Within the company, I won’t continue on pursuing this matter.” Junko says, direc...

Inside the elevator, Makoto leans on his luggage. He couldn’t believe that he would unexpectedly be so jealous while in the workplace. “Am I still a college student?”
Junko thinks, “At least, I have to first inform Hoshikawa-san about this issue. ...what if it made him unhappy, what should I do... But then, it is difficult for it to be approved. I don’t want to regret what I have decided on. There is still more than a month so I have to think of a way for others not to find out about it.”

That night, Junko informs the abbot that regarding work, she has already explained it clearly... “Up to the extent of all of my capabilities, I will properly look after the house.” The abbot thanks her. “Thanks to your help. We really owe you one, Junko-san. This is a huge favor.”

Junko sheepishly says that it is okay, her grandmother is also going to join the trip so she’ll be under his care. The abbot says that he should be the one to say that because thanks to her, Hibari’s mood has become quite lively. Junko excuses herself and leaves the room.
Outside, she feels nauseous. While the others are busy with the luggage and preparations, Junko thinks, so this is what pregnancy is like... “I really don’t feel good. A lot of things happened today and until now, it is the most...”

She loses her balance but Amane catches her. He tells her that’s dangerous. “Your complexion looks so pale. The day for the trip is already tomorrow so pull yourself together. *smiles* If we need anything during the group trip, just in case, absolutely keep it a secret from brother.”

Junko smiles back and says that this time around, she has already decided to stay behind and take care of things so there’s no need to worry. “Be careful on your way to the trip. I’ll be going to see grandmother.”

In disbelief, Amane asks if she is kidding. “Hey, hey! Let’s not even mention about the group trip for the time being, what about your business trip over that side? Weren’t you going to New York to do some big job? You won’t be going anymore?” Junko says that someone has already substituted for her.
She smiles at him and says, “Don’t look at me as if it is some misfortune since I have not yet been downgraded from a bride candidate of the ‘young abbot’. In short, I’m just delaying my work’s dream. Right now, I want to put in all my effort to help out the Hoshikawa’s family.”

Amane comments that’s quite a spontaneous action. Junko thinks, “...it seems that thanks to that, my nausea has been alleviated. I’ll take advantage of this time to...”

Knocking on the door, Junko calls out to Hibari and says that she’ll disturb her for a while. Lying on the bed, Hibari tells her to do as she please. “Anyway, you’re acting quite out of control in my house and you even want me to care about you.”

Junko says that there is something that she wants to tell her. “I’ll be replacing madam [Tokiko] in staying behind to take care of the temple. So, starting tomorrow, please tell me if you need anything!” This made Hibari exclaim in surprise.

Junko enters the room and tells her that she cannot make such a loud noise or else, her waist... Hibari groans that it hurts. Going to Hibari, Junko says that isn’t good for her waist so please lie down properly...
Hibari exclaims didn’t she tell her not to mind her! “By the way...what about your business trip!? Weren’t you always talking about work and work that you’re completely enthusiastic about it...

...Unexpectedly, you’ll easily decide not to go to the business trip and stay and take care of the temple. Then, it isn’t a really serious job. *this irks Junko* If you want to win my favor then as matters stand, you’re quite slow [in doing so; why didn’t you do it earlier].”

Feeling ill, Junko turns away and says no, it isn’t purely because of her [Hibari] that she isn’t going to the business trip... Then, she suddenly feels dizzy. She covers her mouth as she makes vomiting sounds. This made Hibari’s eyes widen.

After catching her breath, Junko realizes what just happened. Thinking that this is bad and she has to quickly think of an alibi, she apologizes to Hibari. “I’m being rude. Ha ha. I was in a bit of a hurry to stand up that it seems that something got stuck in my throat. I’m sorry.” She becomes aghast when Hibari asks, “Could it be that you’re pregnant?”
Comment: So, Junko has decided to stay. This is very hard for her. Even if she is trying to be positive that it is just a delay, I’m not too sure if she’ll have another chance to go there for work. For vacation is more probable.

And, Makoto is indeed acting jealous since he believes that she chose Takane over her job/him. Well, he has been using the job to lure her to him. ^^; Anyway, this is for the best. He has to move on from this, and go back to his old rule on keeping things professional at work.

The abbot believes that Junko is sincere about choosing family over work. Amane is quite shock over this development. Hibari is also surprised though she was mistaken about the motive. Because of her nausea, Hibari would most likely have figured it out – the real reason. Scans by 月球坑组

Quote of the day:
Life is always at some turning point. ~ Irwin Edman

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice development! This might be a chance for grandma to soften a bit... or not ha ha ha.I just feel sad that Junko's dream is taking a backseat again but then - baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat.
    For me, can't wait for the next chapter,
    and want to know what will happen after this incident.
    Hope Hibari will accept her this time.

    ReplyDelete