December 20, 2018

From Five to Nine [Chapter 78 - She's Having A Baby]

Kneeling in front of the gate, Junko decides to think things over first. “1. Originally, I’m somewhat physiologically unwell. 2. I’m in good condition before a month and half of NOT WEARING IT. 3. In the end...it should be because I have always been fine since then...

No way, no, no, no, it cannot be. I am just car-sick, right. Indeed, I’m not feeling well right now. ...I recall that night, a month and half before, at that time, I was the one who said not to wear it. *tense* In any case, if it is indeed because of that, that grandmother, who put importance to old fashioned ways, will definitely find this unforgivable.”

Someone calls out, “Welcome back, Junko-san.” It is Amane. With a flushed face, he asks what she is doing at this kind of place. “Could it be...it is no good for you to be drunk that you are vomiting here. It is so unlike you. It can be a big deal if you were seen by grandmother like that.”
Looking aghast, Junko calls out his name. She thinks that she was quite startled because his voice is really the same with Takane’s. Standing up, she asks if there’s no problem for a monk to go drinking outside. “I thought monks cannot drink because I have never seen Hoshikawa-san drinking.”

Amane tells her that when monks drink, they’ll say ‘hannyato [/sake; literally wisdom soup] and the benefactors [/people] will treat them~ “My brother is also quite strict with rules so he doesn’t drink, that’s all there is to it. In passing, when drinking beer, we’ll call it ‘bubble [on beer] wisdom’.”

Junko says that is simply deceit. Amane says that it is a good thing that the past leader [of the temple] had thought of this kind of thing. Feeling unwell again, Junko says that no matter what, it isn’t quite good. “I’ll go in the house first, excuse me!” She thinks that it is good that he made the mistake of thinking that she’s drunk so she should quickly leave here.

Amane says, “By the way, I heard that on the day of the temple group’s trip, you’ll also happen to be going on a business trip to New York. Is that right? In general, the fiancée would substitute my brother who is currently in training. It turns out that brother is really going to abandon his candidacy to become abbot.”
Irked Junko says that she doesn’t think that Takane will abandon it. While thinking that Takane’s problems have increased, she tells Amane to please do not intensely incite the person who is undergoing a training. Amane asks isn’t she going on a business trip with that guy from the dorm bar...at that time!?

Heading inside, Junko says that she already told that to Takane and she’s going in. She quickly closes the door on him. Amane mutters that informing and permission isn’t the same. Worried Junko thinks that she simply doesn’t want to cause any trouble to Takane. “I also don’t want him to know. It is no good right now... I beg the gods... No, Buddha.”

Narita welcomes her back and tells her that a letter from Takane has arrived. While reading the letter, Junko mentally apologizes to Takane. “Now isn’t the time to be worrying about going on a business trip with the director. What to do...

...I couldn’t talk about this kind of issue. Right now, isn’t the time to write a more than 10 pages of disapproval essay... I must immediately confirm it. ...on the way to work, I’ll pass by and buy...but...” And, she bought a pregnancy kit.
In the office, while typing on her laptop computer, Junko thinks, “By the way!! We will be leaving three days from now. I have to confirm the itinerary and arrangements... There’s no problem at school since Momoe-sensei and Arthur-sensei can help in substituting for me... On my side, I hope that the flower arrangement teacher can also change the time, and also...”

She is interrupted by Makoto who apologizes and asks if she is free now. He tells her regarding the data for the business trip’s meetings, he has to leave a day earlier. “So, can you confirm the additional D program [/proposal]? And also, about the other meetings, no matter what it has to be done like that or else I cannot keep up with the itinerary.”

Thinking that Makoto is like how he normally is, Junko tells him that he is going earlier, right. “I understand. I’ll revise the data a little bit again so please give me some time... I have to properly confirm that day’s itinerary. I don’t need to help so there’s no problem.” Makoto apologizes again and says that he’ll leave it up to her.
Junko thinks that is what she should be saying. “It isn’t good to be too stiff and besides, since I’m busy right now, it actually makes me feel relaxed. I recall that he indeed said not long ago. *Takane saying that he wants to have a child and he’ll work hard in order to have several children.* But, that isn’t now rather isn’t it after marriage?

...The problem... right now, it is like this. For Hoshikawa, it is also troublesome to the point that it is possible that he’ll be very angry, right. He always tells me that I’m too careless. ...In case that he’ll hate me... Okay, after I hand over this document, after today’s work ends...

Ah, I’m so scared. As matters stand, before going to New York, I have encountered this kind of problem. I obviously said some similar words [<- work first before anything else?] before but compared to that, I’m more afraid of Hoshikawa’s reaction...

Ah, darn, I’m basically known for being a more capable and experienced woman but I’m totally not like that. I’m simply a careless coward. *inside the toilet’s cubicle* ...besides, even if I said that I’ll do it after work but unexpectedly I’m checking this kind of thing in the company. Even if it is a temporary showing off, but I’m still really sorry, very apologetic.”
She peeks to see the result. She looks surprised and slides down on the floor. “...darn, got distracted for a while. It looks like I have to properly go and see a gynecologist. I know that right now it is absolutely quite bad. First, the most important is about Hoshikawa-san...”

She is startled when her phone stars ringing. She is surprised that it is a call from the temple and it is even a phone call [not a text]. “Of all people, and at this kind of time!?” While walking at the hallway, she answers the phone and asks if it is Narita. Narita apologizes to her if he is interrupting her at work. “Actually, it is because madam-sama [Hibari] had collapsed.”

This made Junko exclaim in surprise. Junko says that she just got off work and will be going back so there’s no problem. “Grandmother, what happened to her... Is she alright!?” Narita tells her that regarding that, the abbot has something to tell her. “...ah, I’ll give him the phone.”

The abbot says, “Hello, I’m disturbing you at your work. Sorry, but if it is possible, I hope that you can quickly come back to the temple. I’m really sorry because what happened was so sudden. Even if it is quite difficult to tell you but there is something I wish to ask of you. ...regarding the group trip, can you lend us your strength, Junko-san?” Junko looks tense.
Comment: From the looks of things, Junko might have to say goodbye to her second try to go to New York. That is if they’ll be asking her to go to their trip instead. She might be forced to reveal her condition since she is not in good condition for a lot of work in both home and the office, and some symptoms of pregnancy might show.

It’s quite natural for her to be unnerved to this extent that even her self-confidence is shaken. It doesn’t help that it is her fault that she is in this situation. I’m not quite convinced that Takane would be angry about this. Since he loves children, it might be good news for him.

And, because of what happened to Hibari, I don’t think she can still keep on getting angry with Junko either. In a way, this can be seen as an opportunity for Junko to show what she can do by helping out in the trip. Actually, in usual stories, babies can melt the heart of disapproving parent/grandparent especially if it is a boy. Scans by dm5.com

PS. This is the last Chinese scanlation since August of this year. It hasn’t been updated since. In Japan, it is already at chapter 86. Time will tell if we’ll ever get to see the continuation.

Word of the day:
Is it wrong to plan for the future? Of course not. It is unwise, however, to forget that God may allow some “uncontrollable unexpected” events as He sees fit. Ultimately, all that happens is for the best—even when it’s hard to see. We must trust Him and His plans for our future. ~ Our Daily Bread.

14 comments:

  1. OMG, I was expecting something like this.���� thank you for your hard work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, about the pregnancy, Marzo?

      Thanks for reading ^-^

      Delete
  2. Finally, she's pragnant!
    In the very bad situations.
    How she can pass all of these problems by herself?
    Hope that you will fight all obstacles and pass well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, guppy.

      Maybe, someone will help her. I'm sure she will.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I had that feeling when they were together without protection. Plus, I think that the author in creating a situation where they both need to choose what is important. Be happy as a family or achieve success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://tw.manhuagui.com/comic/381/
    I found up to chapter 83 in here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone. Did you save it?

      Delete
    2. Nope... but I can have access to it

      Delete
    3. I see. I looked for a different site and screen capped. ^^; These sites won't let me download them.

      Anyway, I'm busy lately for an upcoming trip so summary will most likely be on May. Thanks for the info ^^

      Delete
    4. You're welcome..
      Take your time and thanks for your hard work...been here for 3 years will continue as long as you do 😊

      Delete
  5. Hey, just came here to read the continuation because is not scanlated anymore past cahpter 23, I hope you can finish this series, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...it depends if there are Chinese scanlations, and thanks for reading ^-^

      Delete