December 8, 2018

From Five to Nine [Chapter 77 - Threesome]

Confession 1 Sakuraba Nene. Narration: “There is someone whom I admire. Because that person said, ‘Isn’t it also quite good to try going steady [/dating]?’ ...I’m really quite awful... Thinking that it is possible to increase the possibility of seeing Yuki...

...thinking of that... if I can go ‘practice dating’ with Yuki... *uneasy Nene is standing in front of Ondai in the train* Kunitachi-kun’s deviation and height is very high. He is also a very fresh and cool sunshine. Why would this kind of person have a favorable impression of me...

...I really don’t understand... wah... so nervous. This nervousness is different when I’m together with Yuki-kun. Ah...this is like when I’m having an exam interview...” Ondai asks her if she remembers what he told her yesterday. Nene nervously says, ha...wha, what!?

Ondai smiles and says that yesterday, his female friends are too strong that he is in a disadvantage so they weren’t able to finish talking. Blushing Nene says ah...is that so!

Flashback: Girls surround Ondai who say that he is so tall because he is volleyball player. “Even if we want Nene to become the controller between Prince Hachiya and crossdresser-kun but it is possible that she is more compatible than crossdressing-kun!” End flashback.
Blushing Nene apologizes that everyone is casually saying that when Yuki isn’t like that. “I worship him as an idol by myself, that’s all!! Afterwards, it is simply to have a good relationship with Hachiya-kun, because those two are very popular. It is okay as long as I can simply talk with Yuki-kun.”

After looking surprised, Ondai says compared to that, like what he was saying, the follow-up regarding yesterday. “I asked you yesterday whether or not you want to watch a movie that is currently showing?” Nene looks puzzled. She looks on her cellphone to look for a movie that is currently showing.

He tells her that it isn’t that. “...what I mean is I’m asking if both of us can go out and watch a movie.” Nene thinks that it has come, something she hasn’t experienced before. Nene says okay, then, she’ll go ask Yuki. “No, not that, Yuki-kun.. no, about that, I’ve misunderstood about-that...”

Ondai says in the end, this time is also... Nene nervously says wanting for both of them to go... “Ah, okay, I understand. It’s alright. I should be able to go... *Ondai quietly watches her* Because I’ll ‘practice’.
Confession 2 Kunitachi Ondai. Ondai watches Junko teaching Yuki who is all hearts over her. Narration: “At that time, she wanted to say that she’ll answer him after she asked Yuki-kun. Obviously attaining the consent to go out on a date is a joyous thing...

...but compared to that kind of thing, in front of me, ‘Yuki-kun’ is unexpectedly quite happy while talking with her sister. ...Sakuraba, do you know about this? She knew yet she can be indifferent about it? If she knew, isn’t she hurt? She knew so she’s giving up... Wrong, wrong, wrong, I also don’t want her to cry.” Ondai clenches his fist.

Junko says then that concludes the lesson for today. She asks if Ondai if there is any question that she wants to ask. Yuki is surprised that the lesson is already over. Ondai says ah, okay, then, he’ll verify [/confirm] it in the next lesson... Ondai thinks but he hates it more if Nene didn’t know about the situation. 

Preparing to leave, Junko bids Ondai goodbye and tells him to greet Chie for her. She also bid Yuki goodbye. Yuki tells her to wait, a car will come to pick him up so she can ride with him and get off midway the route. Junko tells him that it is alright, the station is in front so see him again next week. 
Yuki says that her complexion isn’t quite good so he’s really worried-!! “The monk!? He should come and pick you up, right. Such a useless man! Break up with him~~” Junko tells him that she was the one who told him [Takane] before not to fetch her.

Yuki looks sad after Junko left. Ondai calls out to Yuki and says that he dressed up so cute but unexpectedly, he is actually a two-timing jerk. Yuki scowls and says two-timing...

Ondai scowls and says that it is great if he isn’t. “Can you please answer my questions? ...first question, how come you didn’t tell Nene about having a lesson with me and Junko-sensei? Second question, choosing between Junko-sensei and Nene as to who you really like, which one will you choose?” 

Confession 3 Satonaka Yuki. Looking flustered, Yuki looks at the side and says that he likes both... Ondai exclaims in disbelief. “What are you saying. I asked you to explicitly choose one. You’re quite cunning. Unexpectedly saying two of them. You’re really shameless.” 
Yuki admits that he is. “I know. Yuki myself also think so. ...obviously I was already explicitly rejected by Junko-sensei and even if she said that she is with that monk, I also cannot give up. The younger sister is also very cute... I think both of them are really good... Yuki is really quite awful...”

Ondai says indeed, it is quite true!! “What you said just now... did you tell Nene about it?” Yuki exclaims no, and don’t talk about that kind of thing!! “If you tell the younger sister...that child, she will definitely say that it is alright and afterwards, she would come to my side!! Obviously going steady with Kunitachi-kun is ordinarily harmonious that she can ordinarily attain mediocre happiness...”

Clenching his fist, Ondai angrily shouts, “About that!! Those are the words that really make me angry today that I would really want to punch you!!” Yuki exclaims, yes, he can punch him!! This unnerves Ondai that he says ha, no, he is just saying it, that’s all. 

Yuki insists that he punch him. “I’m this scoundrel who has to change. I’m so awful!! Like this, I’m not a man at all!! I beg of you!! Viciously punch me! Quick!” Yuki cutely closes his eyes and wait for the punch. 
Ondai couldn’t bring himself to punch him. In a low voice, he asks how can he do it when Yuki is absolutely relying on one’s cuteness... Yuki asks huh, what? Ondai shouts that it is nothing, it is nothing at all and it seems that the taxi has arrived!!

Confession...X Kunitachi Ondai. At the train, Ondai informs Nene that her sister is teaching him English because her sister and his grandmother got to know each other. “Even if it is a sudden decision and there is also a time limit but...about that...Yuki-kun also comes for that lesson. We have...talked...together...”

Nene says, eh!? “It’s great that Yuki-kun got to see sister!! *happily smiling* That’s great...about that, Yuki-kun and sister are very suited for each other. *Ondai scowls and thinks that Nene is so cute*...

...Because he requested for a leave of absence from school, he wasn’t able to see her. Yuki-kun is definitely very happy. Thank you for telling me about this!! I’m quite happy just simply looking at those two together so Yuki-kun and sister...”

Narration: “...Even if I’m quite frustrated but it is indeed like what he said...I’m very afraid. I...absolutely cannot tell her his true feelings.” Ondai says compared to that, they’ll be watching a movie soon, right?
Comment: And, I’m not really into love triangles like this especially with a girl like Nene. ^^;; Perhaps, she is really being quite selfless and everything for being happy for Yuki. But, it can be quite annoying that she keeps on mentioning the other guy’s name in front of the guy.

And, it is quite hard to watch Ondai getting involved between them even if he knows that he’ll get hurt in the end. The winner in this love triangle is Yuki who used to be the loser in the Junko-Takane love triangle. Yuki knows that it isn’t right to like both sisters but he just cannot help it.

In a way, all three knows that their unrequited love is doomed but still they go on loving. Well, at least, Nene had some hope regarding her love. So, the two guys are going to keep that a secret from Nene.

Yuki doesn’t want to tell her because he wants he thinks it would be best for Nene to be with Ondai. Ondai couldn’t tell her because he’ll lose her. Somehow, I’m guessing that movie date might end up as a date between the three. ^^; Scans by 5→9    

Quote of the day:
The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love. ~ Joyce Carol Oates

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm liking the mess and complexity of this manga but not condoning in any way every horrid decision/actions these characters are making. Thanks much for this update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting lost with all these side characters that I can't keep up but I'm still holding on for MC to come back. Come back... come back...
    :)

    As always, Kat, your summaries are much appreciated. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete