August 30, 2021

Free Talk: SB 下一站巨星 297

Heisenberg, Kanae’s role, is a woman told by the government to fight for the country as a man with the mindset of losing is more shameful than death. And now, after the war, they want her to marry and live as a woman for the country. I guess all that thrashing was out of frustration and tears over how ridiculous her life has been until now.


I guess it is somewhat like a Joan of Arc character who does everything for the country and like from the anime Princess Knight for the gender blender/crossdressing role. I’m really beginning to think that this Project Route is a feudal/period type of story. Shin, Leo’s previous cosplay is also from a series that has a princess.

゜*☆○o。..:*・(*´-ω)(ω-`*)・*:..。o○☆*゚


Yuki and Leo are happy with Kanae’s portrayal of the role which earned her an invitation as PR member. The two tell her how they anticipate her role so until they’ll meet again. But, Kanae doesn’t seem to happy even after receiving the invitation. Why?

Is it because she wasn’t happy with her performance? With this kind of role? Or she is still in acting mode? Junior [reader] mentioned about the possibility that it has something to do with Lory’s Love Me mission for Kanae.

゜*☆○o。..:*・(*´-ω)(ω-`*)・*:..。o○☆*゚


In a way, it is different from ‘lovesick’ Chidori. But I guess, it can still be the same theme. Doing everything for the love of country even if she is taken for granted. Ah, isn’t that like Kyouko-Shou relationship? But in Heisenberg’s case, she might have to continue it even if she knew that she is being used and can possibly be disposable when not needed.

I also wonder if the invitation is based on Leo's cosplay. Acorns from the Shin cosplay. And an invitation card from Tuxedo Mask. If ever Kyouko gets invited during this shoot, she will most likely also get an invitation card. So, I wonder if two acorns meant ‘two different roles’, ‘audition ticket for one role’ or maybe, it is a faction. Faction = two different clans/kingdoms are in PR. Hehe, and acorns = barbarian types?

゜*☆○o。..:*・(*´-ω)(ω-`*)・*:..。o○☆*゚

At the shooting site, the filming is temporarily stopped for the staff to put more fake blood on Kyouko. Yuki and Leo arrive. Yuki asks Jouji permission to watch since Leo wanted to watch the shooting of a period drama. Jouji okays it since they won’t be a hindrance. Yuki also confirms to Jouji that Leo is the guy he [Yuki] mentioned [to Jouji] before.

Leo pulls Yuki’s back collar like a cat because he wanted to ask him something. Lol, so Yuki’s personality is based on a cat? Yuki is furious about that and told him not to call him Yuki-chan. So, while they are talking, Koga noticed them.

゜*☆○o。..:*・(*´-ω)(ω-`*)・*:..。o○☆*゚


While Koga goes speechless, the other actors wonder who that weirdo cosplayer is. Probably a guest since he is with Yuki but then, who is he. Chiba Mamoru = Tuxedo Mask-sama? –sama because he is a prince. Koga finally realizes that it is the director so why is he here. Yuki gestures for Kogo to keep quiet.

So, maybe Leo is there to check/get tips on how to direct a period drama? As I mentioned earlier, I think PR is that type of drama. But then, I guess there is something more. I wonder what the two are talking about. From the picture, it is like Yuki is lecturing Leo about something – you stupid, it is like this and that. ^^;

゜*☆○o。..:*・(*´-ω)(ω-`*)・*:..。o○☆*゚


And, Kyouko has finished with her ‘more blood’ make-up. So, Leo will get to see her and Koga’s acting in the next chapter. Will Kyouko get an invitation? It depends on the acting and what other role is still vacant.

Lol, if the project is what I assumed it to be and it will be the final drama/film work for this series, I’m guessing that the remaining role which Kyouko can have will be of, a princess like what she always wanted ^^ And since Momiji is a fighter so perhaps, a strong warrior princess type?

30 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post tatsukida-san ☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, 13elieveinsuju ^_^

      Delete
  2. whoa nice work there Kat. while I did mention PR as Kanae's love special project, I didn't go as deep as to compare Heisenberg with Chidori. I guess that kinda explain Kanae's rather forlorn expression.

    Hmm, I don't think Route will be it for SB, even if Kyouko did get into the Project. I like to think of Route as Tsukigomori, a show in which Kyouko come as revelation. While Tsukigomori mark her start as local actress, PR would be her breakout as an international actress. I like the idea of Kyouko warrior Princess, though if that really was her role, it might mean you're right Kat haha.

    Which will be kinda sad. I know I should expect the series to end sometime sooner than I'd expected when Ren confessed, but Skip Beat has been such a fun and special ride for me, considering I don't usually read Shoujo series lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Junior ^-^ Hm...do you think that this new role is more easier for Kanae to relate with/pull off convincingly compared to Chidori? I think so, since it isn't a male love interest.

      Well, I guess we'll just wait and see. ^^

      True. Well, it is a slow-paced series so it won't end anytime soon. Though, I did read someone's comment hoping to read the ending before s/he dies especially since we are in this pandemic. I guess unlike before, the chance of it happening is higher nowadays.



      Delete
    2. Probably it is more dignified than Chidori? Kanae looked kinda disgusted at Chidori's stalking behavior after all. We have yet to see her reaction over Heisenberg though. I'm looking forward to her talk with Kyouko later on :D

      Yeah pandemic sucks hard. My first thought back when Pandemic hit Japan the 1st time was for those authors that they will stay healthy and capable to continue doing their work. I guess we just have to be grateful with what we can still have at a time like this. I just hope that SB will tie up all it's loose ends and reach a whole conclusion.

      Delete
    3. Yes especially since she is 'allergic' to Chidori-type roles.

      Indeed.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Kat, I think you are right on the mark, the only thing I am not sure of is how the Japan/U.S. part comes in play, and who is the person she is assigned to marry.

    Do you think maybe Kyouko could be included as an assassin rather than a ninja?

    I wonder if after this plot there would be a time skip and show how they all have grown to become very famous talented actress/actors and how they will reveal their relationship and get married. I think most likely the story will end with Kuon marrying Kyouko, and maybe a follow up chapter with them and their children, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El4n1, I would assume that there will be two groups in this project. Western and Eastern. So, that person might be Cedric based on her role.

      Possible. Well, it would still depend on the plot of the project.

      Hehe, maybe. I'm not too sure though because iirc, she drew the couple in a wedding scene before as a cover. Usually, that is left for the ending. It makes me think is that like, the author is saying here it is so don't expect it at the end, or is it, here it is as a teaser.

      And, I'm not sure she'll go the usual shoujo ending. Usually, I would base it on the author's previous work. For her, I'm not sure since the last one was a 'rushed' ending.

      Delete
    2. hmm, guess we have to wait, and we no groups translating it is going to be hard, specially since we won't get another book out anytime soon in English....

      I thought that was a fan request, like the other sexy pose that Ren and Kyouko did?

      Well the last one was not really the ending if you were going to look at it, as you mentioned before, she was rushed and asked to end it so this would have been the best possible way to end it but it did give us the fact that the heroine was accepted by everyone as the guys wife and it would be a matter of time for them. In this case, that would not be possible unless Kyouko is the best in Japan and everyone in showbiz accepts her, so we might get more out of this.

      Delete
    3. Hm...wasn't the US one like one volume behind? I assume it to be so, that is why they are clamping down on latest chapters on the web.

      Was it? Still, I think it is the first time I saw a wedding scene as a cover...and they aren't even...well, technically, a couple yet. ^^;

      True. There was this other series of hers, I think about basketball. I haven't read it so I don't know how that ended. Hm...I'm thinking that it will be a time skip. Though she might get a lot of recognition for Momiji. If PR is an action flick, she can easily get a role there if there is still a vacant role. It is a big plus that she can speak English.

      Ah, I think PR's lead would be Cedric so Kanae and if ever Kyouko gets a role, it would be a smaller/supporting role. Unless it is an ensemble-type of casting.

      Delete
    4. It is, and next one in English is going to be out in April. No idea, it wasn't like this before, maybe because it is becoming more popular...after all this time that is not even a convincing idea.

      I think it was around the time sensei was doing fan requested cover/posters, though I would need to go back to the books and read her side notes which I love.

      I was hoping Kyouko winning the rookie award for her role as Momiji but I am not sure if sensei will go there.... There is a high chance she is going to get pulled into PR but I am not sure how. We already know that the director is interested in her so we will see.

      Delete
    5. I see. Hm...it made me wonder if the pandemic caused it/manga in general to be popular lately.

      Ah, I see. Well, it makes me think like it is a teaser of some sort to those who wanted to see it but won't be able to see it anytime soon or as I mentioned, there might be no wedding scene since that's it.

      Yup.

      Delete
    6. so you think sensei is going to deprive us of a wedding and a happily ever after and a baby?

      Next chapter is going to be out soon ^^

      Delete
    7. In a way, yes. I'm not even sure if we'll get 'we are going steady' scenes. ^^;

      Yup ^^

      Delete
    8. Just saw the raws as they came out, OMG I can't wait for your summary and discussion

      Delete
  4. On another note, did you stop posing about "Namaikizakari"? I recently finished catching up to the latest chapter I could find and I wondered why I have not seen you post about it in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have stopped posting about it. Hehe, I stopped reading it. ^^;

      Delete
    2. I just read it last week thinking it ended maybe but no.... it is still ongoing but I am not even sure if it is being translated. I checked and it is not being published in English so I was curious

      Delete
    3. Ah, I think I read somewhere that it is ending. Final arc, perhaps? *checking* Yes, in ANN, estimate to end on Nov 5.

      Delete
    4. Ah, that is good to hear. I hope I can get to read the next chapters. I sort of like the story

      Delete
    5. https://www.reddit.com/r/SkipBeat/comments/pro60y/chapter_298/

      Here is a link

      Delete
    6. Thanks for sharing 😄

      I don't quite understand though...'your place is over capacity' - no more space for the cast of PR? Someone has to be bumped off?

      Delete
    7. what I thought was that he wants Kyouko for PR but Yuki said you have no room. My guess is the PR actor who is going to be assassin or a ninja will be replaced by Kyouko, but that is simply my guess.

      No worries, I just hope that non of the websites upload this cause a lot of ppl are not translating because of it.

      Delete
    8. Yes, so does it mean someone has to be bumped off in order to be replaced by Kyouko? If so, back to my previous wondering, could it be Kanae? I don't think it is necessarily an assassin role. But then, it confirms that PR is an action flick. ^^

      Ah, is that the reason? I thought it is also because of the 'take down' notice.

      Delete
    9. Hmmm, I don't think Kanae is going to be cut, I think Kanae is a noble knight, elegant and beautiful. I was thinking if you have knight, and a few Japanese noblemen and fighters, and from the looks of it its action... then there is definitely ninjas involved too or there is soom for them. My thought is that a man's role is going to be cut, maybe someone we have not met yet.

      There is the take down and I know the ppl who I used to read their translations stopped because ppl were taking them and publishing it on manga sites and getting them in trouble. Considering how long it takes for us to buy the next volume and the fact that there is no source to translate it officially and charge us, it seems unfair.

      Delete
    10. Ah, interesting, a man. It's possible so another 'cross-dresser' if ever or they totally change the role. Wait, how about the little girl with Heisenberg...Kyouko can be the sidekick. ^^

      Well, if what Kanae auditioned is the actual scene, I'm not too sure how it can fit Japanese noblemen and ninjas. It would be hard to take seriously. So, my guess is that if what Kanae auditioned is the actual scene, what Leo was looking for in the others' auditions are their 'action scenes'. Ren's doesn't have any dialogue but just on how fast he reacted and countered the surprise attack.

      True. In a way, it is hard. If there is an official translation, what's stopping people from posting it up? If there's none, somewhere out the net, someone will work on it. But then, through the former, somehow, some people will buy and a bit of profit can go to the author.

      Actually, for One Piece, they post the three latest chapter for free then 'lock' the others. I wonder what factors are in play that it can be done for OP and not for SB.

      Delete
    11. That little girl did not have any fighting skill so i thought maybe not.

      I think it is sort of historical similar to Momiji where there are ninja's with nobel men in Japan and knights and Kings in the west so it is possible if it is a cross country type of story you would have both at the same time.

      I think that's how Jump works, I read manga on their app, you can get membership to unlock older chapters. If only there was something like this for Shoujo as well then we would not have so much trouble.

      Delete
    12. Hehe, I know but maybe re-write the character to fit Kyouko?

      Yes, so it is like noble men in Japan going to the West in order to meet Kanae's character? Or vice-versa? I somehow think it is like 'fantasy' because I cannot recall any show that has ninjas and knights together except for time travel kind of stuff. ^^;

      True.

      Delete