June 17, 2019

From Five to Nine [Chapter 81 - Family Business 3]

Hibari asks Junko if she’s pregnant. Figuring it out, Hibari says so that’s how it is and now, she can understand it. “It is because of this that you decided not to go to the business trip to the US... Don’t even say that it is for me. It is basically because of you.”

Junko denies it by asking what she is saying. “I’m really sorry but just now, I carelessly drank a lot during my boss’ party. It is because I love wine~ It is possible that I’m somewhat drunk that I was staggering right now. Excuse my lack of manners. I’m obviously in charge of taking care of someone yet I’m like this. I’m truly very sorry. Starting tomorrow, I’ll be mentally prepared! Please, rest properly.”

Hibari scowls and doesn’t seem to believe her. Outside, Junko nervously think that whether or not it was noticed, it doesn’t matter for now. “What’s important is for it not to be truly discovered. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Always until I tell Hoshikawa-san, I won’t mention it.”
Soon, everyone is getting ready to board the bus. The abbot tells Junko that she’ll leave everything to her and immediately contact him if something happens. Junko’s grandmother assures him that there’s no problem and Junko can, more or less, do it.

Amane says that it cannot be helped so properly do her best. Junko smiles and tells him to take care on his way. And, she watches the bus leave. Narration: “I’ll do my best in this job of staying behind and taking care of things during the group trip, Hoshikawa-san. How about you? Are you doing well? I really want to see you...”

Somewhere else, carrying some things, Takane arrives at a temple. He thinks that he didn’t think he’ll come visit this temple in this way. Flashback: Takane has broken a plate. The other monks reprimanded him. They told him to properly do things and he is always lost in thought. 
In a daze, Takane thought that it is obvious that Junko was acting strange during their phone call a few days ago. “...No, not at all, I have to properly concentrate and actively train. Is it because she lied to me and she’ll go to the business trip abroad!? No no no, even if it is like that, I’ll properly finish this training. ...actually, it is possible, and I basically have no way of stopping her!!

...*imagines chibi Junko sticking out her tongue and says that she won’t be found out since it is just for around a week* Cannot concentrate, cannot concentrate, concentrate...” And, the head monk told dazed Takane that obviously, he only has about a month of training and it will be over soon but for him to be like this...

“In the end, a rough treatment will be good. Right now, you are to depart from us. For three days, go to Kameoka [亀岡] Temple and re-temper yourself there. That is perhaps the temple you’ll succeed in place of your younger brother.” End flashback. In front of the temple, Takane calls out if anyone’s home.
Soon, he prostrates down to an elderly monk. He apologizes that it has already been two months since the Kyoto training and he never once visited. He introduces himself and thanks him for taking care of Amane. The monk thanks him and since Hibari is his grandmother, no wonder he is so polite. “What? Next, you want to succeed this place? And, you’re not a small mongoose. You Tokyoites are still quite bustling.”

Takane says no, he still hasn’t totally... Carrying a tray of beverage, a woman tells him that as a monk, he cannot be like that since the visitor will be very perplexed. The monk says that it is rare to have a Tokyoite here and speaking frankly suits him more. He comments that it is hard to understand that kind of beating around the bush way of reprimanding [/talking].

Looking at the couple, Takane wonders if it is like this, how should he say it, the relationship is quite harmonious, it makes him jealous. “...Simply succeeding this place and living here together with Junko-san is also good. Like this, I can keep her far away from work, away from male friends and other unnecessary things. Junko-san and I, the two of us will properly... properly... lock her up...” He imagines chibi Junko in a cage.
His thoughts are interrupted when the woman asks Takane how Amane is. Taking his drink, Takane says that he is always in Kyoto so he wasn’t able to see Amane. He thinks that he will be quite happy as long as Amane doesn’t make a move on Junko. The monk tsks and says forget about that guy.

The woman says geez, don’t say it like that. The monk says Amane is so cold and fickle. There is a scene of Amane telling the monk that compared to him, a more suitable monk will come and like that he and the temple will be more secure and at peace.

The monk says that it wasn’t easy to get used to Kyoto and he ought to see reality clearly. “I asked him, what’s so good about a Tokyo temple? He said, ‘I already hate that place the most. I’m going to destroy it...’ In the end, he chose that side.” Takane looks surprised. He wonders out loud why would Amane want to destroy the temple.
At the temple, Hibari calls out to Junko and asks her to re-heat the bowl of congee. “As a patient who’s making you work hard, I’m quite thankful.” Junko tells herself that she simply has to keep this up for a bit. She groans for she also has to do some cleaning and in the end, she’s the only one who’ll do it.

Junko says okay, she’ll immediately reheat it. Then, the smell of the food makes her feel ill. She tells herself to bear with it since Hibari is always watching her. “This person.... that is definitely her goal and I absolutely cannot let myself be caught!!” Taking the tray, Junko says that she’ll leave the food here first.

As Junko is about to go out, Hibari says that she has a favor to ask. “I want to drink a bit of wine to liven herself up [/stimulate]. Can you help make me some eggnog? There is a good wine that Tan [] family gave us.” While mentally cursing and wondering if that smell is okay, Junko asks isn’t it too early to drink wine.

Hibari says that she’s going to use that wine to make eggnog, right. “It is simply to liven myself up a bit and you’ll also accompany me right? Yesterday, didn’t you say that you also like to drink? Anyway, right now, it is just the two of us and occasionally, I also want to luxuriously drink wine during the day so accompany me, okay?”
Junko glances at her and apologizes. She says that even if it is a rare opportunity but she drank too much yesterday. “Today, I’ll have to control myself a bit.”

Hibari scowls and says, “Tell the truth. What you are saying about controlling a bit, it is because you are pregnant...so you cannot drink, right. *sighs* Today, there are times when I can hear you secretly making vomiting sounds. Do you think that because I’m old that my ears had gone deaf?

...You really look down on me too much. So, youngsters lately... always doing this kind of trick. *Junko prostrates to her* ...what? What are you doing?” Embarrassed Junko says that honestly, she already reflected on this issue about getting pregnant before getting married.

Hibari tells her to stop it. Bending lower, Junko exclaims but, she wants to properly tell Takane after his training is over. Hibari shouts, “Your face! Lift it up!! It won’t be good for the child in your belly for you to be always like that!! *stunned Junko looks at her and thinks, eh, ...this!?* I hate women who don’t put importance to their own child the most, you idiot.”
Comment: Apparently, Hibari is the type of person who cares about kids and isn’t into the issue about being pregnant before marriage. Hibari isn’t quite as old fashioned as Junko assumed her to be.

Still, Hibari is indeed quite sharp. She is already laying the trap for Junko to admit the truth. In a way, Junko’s lies when confronted earlier doesn’t really give a good impression. Actually, it can reinforce Hibari’s bad impression of Junko. Perhaps, Hibari is understanding as to why she did that.

Apparently, their telephone conversation has unnerved Takane so much that he cannot concentrate. He is indeed so Junko-centric that in some ways, it isn’t good. His possessive and jealous side is out again that he is thinking of locking Junko up again to keep her away from everything else but him. ^^;

I guess it depends on the person but I find that somewhat abnormal and creepy. Perhaps, it can be suffocating if it is too much. As for Amane, it is most likely his revenge for being send away. The monk obviously cared about him and was disappointed over what happened. Perhaps, someone can change Amane’s mind. Scans by 月球坑组

Word of the day:
Lying doesn’t work. People lie to protect themselves or to cover their tracks. But God always makes sure the truth comes out anyway (Num. 32:23; Prov. 10:9) ~ Our Daily Bread

4 comments:

  1. Maybe at the end of Hibari's recovery, she and Junko will have a better relationship. I'm so looking forward to that. This chapter, Takane is giving me creepy vibes with his obsession of locking up Junko. Possessiveness in a guy makes my heart go doki doki but this level of possessiveness exudes of murder-suicide vibes, LOL. Tone it down, Takane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed very creepy i can't help but feel bad,and don't like takane.
    Thank you for the cap.

    ReplyDelete