August 30, 2018

Free Talk: Blog on Vacation

So, as I mentioned earlier, I’m going on a trip this coming September. It will be from 1 to 18th. The arrival will be at night so I don’t think I can do any summary by then.

It will be a Scandinavia-Russia tour. Tour = drag around like herd to hit and run some tourist spots. There are a lot of places and I’m not confident enough to navigate alone with my mom so it has to be a tour. Originally, it is just Russia and it was supposed to be last year but I got sick after the US trip so...

We booked the trip during a travel expo last Feb. My mom also wanted to go to Europe so I decided that we go for two birds with one stone. I chose this agency since it has longer days at basically the same price as what the others offer.

It should be at the end of June. Haha, I even timed it for me to be here around the 13th. =P But, perhaps, at the back of my mind, I felt that it isn’t going to push through because that is World Cup season. Or, they'll charge more. 

In the end, it didn’t push through. And, we didn’t even know about it until we called to follow up the visas. I’m starting to have a bad feeling that I might have booked the wrong agency but we cannot back out since there is a deposit and discount = from the travel expo. So, it was Sept 1. It took some time for me to realize that they decreased the trip by one day.

They removed the day for outskirts trip in St Petersburg for Peterhof and Catherine Palace. And, I wanted to see the fountains. Haha, so I’m psyching myself that I made the right decision since I’ve replaced that with a side trip to Bergen. Is it?

The other tours don’t have Bergen but had that one extra day in St. Petersburg <- at that time during the expo. They even tried to lessen the discount they originally gave us. ^^; Ah, even if I’m still hung up on missing that one day in St. Petersburg. ^^; I mean, the chances of going back to this part of the world is extremely slim and would I do so for a couple of places that I didn't get to visit? 

The place is also second to the last leg of the tour so the idea of extending a day to go there is out of the question, too. Lol, I obviously thought so much about this. I was hoping that the trip to Moscow would be pushed in the afternoon but I guess, they don't want to risk the possibility of being late.

On the last day, we are going to the airport after lunch. Even if the plane is leaving at 12 midnight. ^^;; Traffic jams are notorious there they say. Anyway, I’ll just pray and hope for the best that the tour is better than the pre-departure stuff or that low rating trip review on google some years back <- learned later on.

So, when I get back, I’ll work on Kurosaki first. Hopefully, it will be out this time. Then, Kono Oto Tomare. I can only say that I’ll work on it asap because I’m not sure about jetlag and how tired I would be from the tour. 

That’s it for now ^^ 

'See you again' on mid-September ^^

12 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip Kat! Sorry for all that trouble you went through the reservation but I hope you enjoy yourself!

    ♡ Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun , September is really a great time to go to a vacation because everyone is back to school or work (like me T_T ) so you will not be stuck within the crowds so you should enjoy the place more, never been to Scandinavia nor russia before but i hear they are really beautiful places so i hope you enjoy, tbh i didn't have the opportunity to travel a lot but when i do i tend to do it alone because tours frustrate me with their timetables but then again i normally visit one country alone at a time so maybe a tour is better for visiting several countries

    enjoy

    Emmahoshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emmahoshi ^-^

      True. I saw the itinerary...ah, so early morning wake up calls. ^^;

      Thanks again ^^

      Delete
  3. Have a nice trip, hope you get fun and enough time to rest a bit ^^

    Take care, God bless, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fê ^-^

      Hope you're going well by now ^^

      Thanks and same to you ^^

      Delete
    2. Doing slightly well, some days are bad, other worse, but all in all, can't complain. Asked about you and your family the other day 'cause of the bad weather that weekend was having over there. It seems you came back after, so all's good. Welcome back, late as hell, but yea, lol.

      Hope everything went well at the trip.

      Delete
    3. Is that so. Hope you have more better days ^^

      Thanks ^^ It is only one day of bad weather since it just 'passed' our place. These days, it is quite hot and humid...like summer. ^^; And rain in the afternoon. Sometimes both rain and sun. <- as a child, they used to say that is a bad omen of some sort like ghosts/demons are getting married. =P

      Yup, it did. Thanks ^^

      Anyway, hope to hear from you soon again ^^

      Delete
    4. Thanks Kat, sometimes I do have, but others are really hard. Now my office is being reformed, so it's a whole new mess, especially 'cause the guys messed up and didn't really finish on time, so it'll need more materials and I'm screwed financially, lol.
      -
      Here, rainbows have a nice omen, whenever they showed up.
      -
      I'll have to catch up on KoT and Shingeki, I did caught up to Namaiki and instantly regret it, lol. I just need time to get better emotionally and physically so I can sit down a read it calmly and enjoy like it's supposed to.
      -
      Take care Kat, keep up the awesome work.

      Delete
    5. Ah...renovating? I can relate...and it always doesn't finish on time. ^^;

      - - -

      Hehe, I don't see rainbows though...^^; Didn't look up...^^;; Just sunny and raining.

      - - -

      Oh...you didn't. I plan to warn you about it but I thought that you won't look at it anytime soon. ^^;; Lots of people are fired up over that arc and I temporarily stopped writing comments about it ala 'free talk'. Fangirls can be scary if they read something they don't like.

      - - -

      Same to you and thanks ^^

      Delete
  4. Have a safe and nice trip! The good side of a tour is you can just enjoy the trip as someone is taking care of things :) I was in a Scandinavian tour 3 years ago and it was really fun and pretty! I still want to go to Russia though. Enjoy it! - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellie ^-^

      Yup ^^

      Indeed. Russia is okay though we encountered some slightly 'unpleasant' stuff but generally, it's okay. ^^

      Delete